Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Things that I am learning...

1. Well, we already talked about the whole soup eating thing. Other things to not eat while breastfeeding.... cereal, ice cream, chocolate mousse pie and any kind of hot drink:)

2. The start and end to a day is not determined by waking up in the morning and going to bed at night. It's more like a 24 hour period that is defined by the shower. See, if I don't get a shower until 3pm, then that is the "start" of my day. Because I never really go to bed for the "night" this is the only way I can transfer my mind from one day to the next. Hannah and I have discussed this fact and she has promised that she will work on the whole "party all night" mindset that she has right now.

3. "Child wearing" is work! I have one of those trendy hot slings. It's very colorful and matches many of my outfits... however, I fell like my little papoose is really cramped and uncomfortable in it. Everytime I wear it, I am worried about her head positioning and how she's squished in there. Remember how Forrest Gump always held his head to the side a little bit? Well I can just see Hannah in 15 years with that problem b/c Mom refused to give up the trendy sling that matched her outfit

4. Swings, bouncy seats, Moses baskets and any other baby holder may be great one day... and not the next. This is all determined by Hannah. One day we may love our neat swing... and the next, we hate it.

5. My child is going to be taller than me... soon! At her 3 week check-up she was already up to 8 pds, 7 ozs(born at 6 pds, 15ozs) and she was in the 90th percentile in height.

6. I love Hannah very very very much.

No comments :