Sunday, January 4, 2009

To: Hannah From: Lilly the dog



Alright kid, it's been a few weeks and you are starting to settle in here and I'm pretty sure you are getting used to seeing me, the precious little brown dog named "Lilly"... or "no Lilly" as I am so often referred to lately. Mom is busy trying to get you to sleep so I thought I'd blog about a few ground rules I have set up so you and I can live in peace.

1. You may be cute, but please remember that I am also cute and I've been living here a lot longer than you. Therefore, when I am getting my well-deserved cuddle time with mom and dad there is no reason for you to start crying in order to steal them away. I have mastered the art of sitting, shaking and laying down and I have worked very hard for my spot on the couch.

2. I don't care if they are your toys, if they shake, rattle, squeak or smell good I am going to chew on them. And don't even think that this same rule applies to my bones... I'm not sharing them.

3. I am really working on the whole walking with the baby stroller thing, but until I get it down pat I believe I should always be first to be walked. And, if mom has to choose between taking me or you to the Riverwalk seniority rules! I am almost 3 and you aren't even able to hold your head up yet.

4. No crying while I'm napping. Granted I can nap pretty much anywhere in the house and I choose to always do it in the room that everyone is in, but the crying is where I draw the line. So, if you see me curled up in a blissful slumber somewhere near you put a paci in it and calm down.

5. My pouty face is always going to be better than yours. Just accept this.

I think if you start with these rules we can be best of friends. And once we are, you'll have to teach me why you are allowed to poop in the house and why I am not:(

3 comments :

Karin said...

Hahaha I just showed this to Dylan. When I first read it at work this morning it made my whole day better. : )

Dylan said little Hannah is precious. Hope I get to meet her soon! In the meantime, I hope you can get some sleep.

Anonymous said...

too funny! i love it!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Hope it's okay, i'm linking you guys to our blog! Love you guys, Hannah looks like both of you, but i see a lot of you in her right now...beeeaautiful!