Friday, November 7, 2008

The "To Do" List

So Todd and I made a "To Do" list last night of all the things that we would like to get done in the next few days, and so far, it's actually been quite useful. Last night we went to Babies R Us and got what we thought we still needed for the new arrival. Who knows if we actually bought anything we will really need, but it felt good to get some things off the checklist, and we had giftcards so we didn't have to pay for any of it. Now, I just need to get in the nursery and get to work washing clothes and stuff like that. I know we don't have to (and probably won't be) completely ready for the baby but I'd like to be as ready as we can be. I guess I'm just a planner at heart.

We also went to Target and got some things to finish off our downstairs living room. We have this room in the "basement" of our house (which we refer to as downstairs) where our TV is and where we hang out when we are being lazy. Because it's just kind of the hang out room, it has been the last to get decorated, but recently I got the urge to make it cozy and trendy:) So we got a bunch of stuff at Target to make it look a little better.

I finally found all of the cords to my camera so I can charge it and upload pictures. Hoepfully I'll have a few on this blog by the end of the weekend!

And with all that done, all we have left to do is:
Paint the porch swing
Paint the old bassinet
Hang some pictures
Finish organizing the nursery
Get hot water in our bathroom (long story)
Finish the office
Sweep the driveway (another long story)
Rake the yard
Wash the dog
Add more kitchen shelves to our cabinets

Ok, I'm getting depressed as I continue to type this list. How many days are in a weekend again?

No comments :