Thursday, August 14, 2008

Heaven

Carla passed away last night around 7:30pm. I can't help but think how weird it is that someone like her has died. Not that I think anyone is immortal, but just that she was so young, and it was so sudden. Just days ago her and her family are doing fine... making plans for the weekend or watching the olympics or hanging out with friends at home. And today, her husband, Michael is grieving for his wife and facing the reality of being a single father to such a young little girl. It breaks my heart to think about it.

It's times like this that we should be praising God knowing that Carla is home with Him partying in Heaven. But even though we weren't very close, I can't help but be sad. Sad that Carla is gone. That Linen will grow up without her mother. That Michael will watch his daughter grow up without her mother. That Carla's family will not see their daughter/sister/aunt again. I pray that God will continue to teach us why this kind of thing happens. I believe that someone somewhere... even if they never knew her... will meet our Lord because of her death. But I can't help but be sad also.

The great thing is that God has this all planned and it is so much better than we can ever imagine. Our small little brains can't even comprehend what He's got in store and how He is going to use things like Carla's death to His glory. What an amazing God.

I don't know if we recognize people in Heaven. Sometimes it makes me sad to think that I might not know Todd in Heaven. But then I think about how wonderful it will be to sit at His feet. And the best part is that as great as I think it will be... that doesn't even compare to what it will really be like. I mean, the Heaven that our Lord has created is beyond anything we can even come up with in our wildest dreams.

We will miss you Carla. I pray that your family and friends will find that among the sadness that your life was lived for Him and that he will use your death for His glory. I pray that one day your little girl will be able to tell the story of her mom's life and God's glory even in your death. Until then, party it up in Heaven!

No comments :