Saturday, July 19, 2008

Name your name!

When we found out we were having a baby, Todd and I had different opinions on whether or not we were going to find out the sex. I am totally fine with not finding out and having a big surprise in the delivery room, however, my husband is a planner and needed to know, so I agreed.

The compromise was that we wouldn't tell people the name of the baby before the birth. It's funny because I don't know if we'll have a name picked out before then anyway. Todd and I seem to have quite different naming styles. Plus, he doesn't even really want to talk about names until he has read every page of the baby name book I bought for .50 at a Dollar General. Had I known that my husband would need to read the entire book, I probably would have gone out and spent more money on one.

So far, we are nameless. I really wouldn't be surprised if our darling baby is nameless for a few hours or days while Todd sits in the hospital room quickly finishing the cheap naming book. If you have any name suggestions for our little girl, feel free to send them to me!

1 comment :

bakerbungalow said...

Don't worry about the name thing....once you meet her, you'll be able to name her more easily! Scott and I took a list to the hospital of boy names and girl names that we liked, and although it took almost 24 hours to decide on which name, we were able to try out different names we liked until we found the perfect one for our little guy! So start making a list...at least that way once you're in the hospital completely exhausted, you won't be trying to remember all of the names you've agreed on!