Friday, April 3, 2009

The MIA blogger

So sorry I haven't blogged in a week or so... I can't say that I've been busy, just lazy. Everything is going well here. Hannah is as cute as ever and she smiles a lot now. She also opens her mouth as if to say something when she's smiling. I'm just waiting for a giant laugh to come anyday now. The best part is watching Todd look like a total goofball to get her to smile. He's such a serious guy so it's really entertaining to watch him grinning at her and making funny noises.

I'm trying to get into some sort of routine around the house so that I can get Hannah on a napping schedule. Unfortunately Hannah isn't too keen on this plan. Apparently she hasn't gotten the memo that when I put her down for a nap during the day, she is supposed to go to sleep. It's fairly ironic that my child isn't much of a daytime sleeper. I could nap all day if I had the chance.

I have several ideas for some more witty posts so be on the lookout:) Happy April to all!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

i remember sleepy naps were always tough for us at first. then we realized w/the boys we had to "work them out" in a way...get em' tired! ;-) then just watch signs of rubbing the eyes, droopy eyes, yawning and the like...for us we originally didn't pay close attention to all the signs, you more than likely are, but just sharing our story. We later read somewhere that nap time is difficult for so many because we don't watch the cues of our babies close enough and furthermore aren't willing to let them "cry it out"...have you ever heard that or read that anywhere? just curious. So, Cayden has rid himself and me of all rest times, except an afternoon nap of around noon-2 or 3 pm depending, a few days though...no naps recently aggh! baths and lavender lotion has helped him ( a little leg and neck and back massage with the lavender oil/lotion did the trick for us a few times too...hope you have an great day!