Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Savin' the big bucks

So lately I've gotten into couponing. Something I never thought I would really "get into" because it combines two things I normally hate doing: Math and Grocery Shopping. Anyway, with the help of a couple of great friends I am starting to learn how to save a lot of money by shopping on certain days of the week, using certain coupons and going to certain stores. It's actually an art form. So on Monday, I went to CVS and Publix. I spent about $70 total and saved about $33. So I'm almost at 50% off of my grocery bill. If you think this is good, you should talk to some of my friends who are so good at it that they basically make money by grocery shopping! It's amazing. If you are interested in trying it out and you are in the southeast, go to the website: www.southernsavers.com. It's a great way to start out.

In other news in the Lyle household, Hannah has started "napping". I'm trying to get us both on a schedule but it's been a little tougher than I thought because some days she will want to eat every 2 1/2 hours and somedays it's 3 or 3 1/2. Let me know if you have any pointers. The good news is that she is napping right now and she went down with only 1 minute of fussing! It's amazing how much I can get done when she is in her crib asleep.

I'll post more pictures soon!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

don't forget about dates! if you go to restaurant.com you can get gift certificates for local restaurants. until tomorrow, if you use the code, "prez" in your checkout then you can get all of the gift certificates for 70% off. you can get a $25 gift cert for about $3. that's $22 off of your bill when you eat out! :)