Tuesday, February 3, 2009

8 Weeks Old!

So today Hannah is 8 weeks old! In some ways I think it's incredible that it's already been 8 weeks, and in other ways I can't remember what it was like before her. We are slowly working into a routine in the house. Hannah is pretty good most of the day and is now sleeping in the nursery at night. She likes her bouncy seat and sometimes likes her swing. She also loves to be on her back, especially on the changing table. This works as great leverage when I want Todd to change her diaper because he'll do anything to see her smile:)

A couple of other things I have come to realize in the past 8 weeks:
- Children's books and most nursery rhymes do not make sense and rarely have a plot. Take "Goodnight Moon" for example. Great book, but really, where's the suspense? I mean, how exciting is it to just say Goodnight to everything?
- Apparently at 8 weeks, babies do not know how to hold a paci in their mouth. This is especially evident at about midnight when I am again walking to the nursery because Hannah's paci has dropped out of her mouth thus waking her.
- Somehow the day passes by very quickly but nothing seems to be done. I find myself sitting on the couch feeding Hannah at 5pm and realize that it is about to be dark and I am still in PJ's and haven't even had breakfast yet. OK, I'm exaggerating, but it does go by fast sometimes.
- Poop can appear anywhere. I won't exaggerate on this one.
- I love my child very very very much!

No comments :