Monday, January 26, 2009

Now that I'm home....

So, as of today I am officially a stay-at-home mom. I write this with a little sadness as I hate to leave a job that I love and coworkers that I will miss. Fortunately I will be able to volunteer there and hopefully be of help to them:)

Now that I have a lot more time on my hands, I am trying to think of some things to do in my spare time. Here's what I've come up with so far:
1. Start my Christmas shopping (I know it's early, but this gives me plenty of time to really search for the best deals)
2. Become a sudoku master (I'm already pretty good, so this shouldn't take long)
3. Read the Bible (not with a book or plan, just start at page one and read it the whole way through)
4. Organize my closet by type and color (maybe Todd will let me do his side too!)
5. Paint Lilly's nails (I've seen groomers do it, but Todd won't let me. Other things he protests: knitting her a sweater, boots or any other clothing involving our dog)
6. Update my Facebook status every few minutes to let everyone know just how my day is going... all day
7. Blog.... obviously
8. Watch Oprah (sadly this is already something I look forward to most days)
9. Organize the massive mound of gift bags that I have kept from every baby shower, birthday and Christmas gift but refuse to throw away
10. Speaking of throwing away, now I have plenty of time to repeatedly call the City of Columbia and remind them about my recycling bin that they promised to have delivered weeks ago.

Anything to add?

5 comments :

Jessica said...

Have another baby?

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to finish my scrapbooking...maybe you can scrapbook some...

Anonymous said...

hmmm....love what the previous posters added...this is a bit self serving for me...but whenever i finally make it back the city...how bout lunch with an old friend? Thanks for blogging btw! love the pics of little miss Lilly etc., i am so happy for you guys! You are so comical, you could write a simple children's book starring the dog and the baby, i love your humor in one of the previous posts! hugs!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, i just realized i typed lilly instead of Hannah...mommy brain fart moment...so sorry! Call me crazy!

heatherwhy said...

yay for your recycling bin! ...and let me know if you want me to knit lily a sweater. that girl looks cold & todd can't refuse a gift.