Monday, January 18, 2010

In Honor of..



MLK Day!   Some girlfriends and I are making dinner for a halfway house here in Columbia tonight and while they eat I am going to play a little MLK Jr. trivia with them.  In researching the questions I learned a lot so I thought I'd share with all of you.  Here are some interesting facts about the man himself:

  • Martin Luther King Jr. was just 15 when he started college.  He was 5 when he went into 1st grade and he skipped 9th and 12th grades.
  • He had 4 children-  two girls and two boys
  • He was the youngest man to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.
  • He was jailed 30 times (for protests, sit-ins and marches)
  • He wrote 4 books before he died.
  • MLK day is celebrated on the 3rd Monday of January in honor of his birthday (January 15th).
  • President Ronald Reagan made MLK day a federal holiday in 1986.

No comments :