Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ah... the nap.

I consider myself to be a fairly accomplished person thus far in life.  I was a state champion swimmer growing up, I have a BA in Mass Communications for what I consider to be the best college around (it's practically Ivy League), and I have a great husband and beautiful child.  So with all of these things under my belt already, even the actually childbirth part, why is it that I feel so completely successful when I am able to just get Hannah to nap?  Seriously, when I hear the sound (or lack there of) of the silent monitor I feel like a million bucks.  The funny thing is, you'd think that I'm so excited because I now have the time to get a ton of stuff done.... but that is not the case.   I'm actually proving my point right now as I sit here and type during her morning nap.  There is plenty to do, dishes to be washed, laundry to be done, dog to be let out (I should probably get to that part sooner or later), but instead I will just continue to blog.... and check Facebook.

Ok, now I'm realizing how sad that is.  Who says blogging isn't therapy?  Time to go get stuff done.... or maybe I'll just take a nap.... and let the dog out.

No comments :