Thursday, May 14, 2009

Moms...

My sister-in-law, Carrie, sent me this great card for Mothers' Day and I thought I'd share it with you because I love what it says and totally agree. So if anyone who works for American Greetings reads this, please don't fine me...I'm not taking credit for writing the following. (Sidebar: What are the chances that someone who works for American Greetings reads this blog anyway? If you are reading this, and you work there, please let me know just so I can see the irony!)

Motherhood is not for Sissies
Motherhood is not for women with weak stomachs, strict routines, or wall-to-wall white carpeting
Motherhood is not for women unable to juggle three things at once, read between the lines, or face fear on a regular basis.
Motherhood is not for women who can't answer the same knock-knock joke "umpteen" times a day, the endless "whys" of childhood, or hear the unspoken feelings of a child's heart.

Motherhood is for women who can taste the tea in an empty cup,
see the smiles behind the peanut butter,
and the genius in tiny scribbles.

Motherhood is for the caring and courageous women who make a difference in the lives they touch.

Thanks Carrie, Mom and Jeanie for being such great examples for me!

No comments :