Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Financial Peace

So over the past year I think that I've gotten a lot better with spending and paying bills on time. Todd and I went through the Financial Peace class that Dave Ramsey does and we actually follow a budget (for the most part). Even though he still thinks that I spend a lot, I am constantly reminding him of the olden days when my spending was a lot worse. When I say a lot, I mean I am probably spending about a tenth of what I used to spend on myself.

One of the many spending flaws that I have is that when I get paid back for something, I tend to think this is just new money coming in:) For example, I use my credit card a lot for work and then I file a bi-weekly expense report. When the check comes in, it's supposed to go right into paying the credit card bill, but sometimes I tend to just think of it as an extra paycheck! I get so excited to put it in the bank completely forgetting that I've technically already spent it.

I've also had a few friends pay back small loans lately, in cash! This is the best! Who cares that I've already spent that money. The fact that it is now in my wallet in cash means that it is ready to be spent all over again right? You'd think that it was my lucky day that a friend just handed me $30! I'm thinking.. this will buy me a new shirt at Target... or maybe I'll treat myself to lunch today! Lucky me! Or maybe, I'll save it and get a pedicure soon since I can no longer touch my toes and I'm not about to ask Todd to paint them. I can't see that being a pretty picture.

Oh, all the options for this new money that I have come across! I can't wait to be reimbursed for something again soon! Dave would kill me if he read this blog:)

No comments :